2 way sync with Google Calendar and Android devices
Bookeo features a 2 way synchronization with Google Calendar.
Since every Android device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) also automatically syncs with a Google account, this method lets you also sync your Bookeo schedule with your Android device.
In this article:
- Enable 2 way Sync
- Set the Bookeo to Google Calendar sync
- Set the Google Calendar sync to Bookeo sync
- Refresh your Google Calendar
- How to make changes to your Bookeo bookings
- Events imported from Google Calendar
- Sync timing
- Calendar time zones
Bookeo Calendar (Google Calendar events in grey) and Google Calendar (Bookeo bookings in blue)
1. Click on the account link at the top right of your Bookeo account.
2. Click Google Calendar Sync
3. Tick the checkbox Enable 2-way sync
4. Google will inform you that Bookeo is requesting access to your Google Account to manage your calendars.
5. Click on the Accept button.
1. In the Bookeo>Google Calendar section:
- tick the checkbox next to the Bookeo calendar(s)  that you want to synchronize with your Google Calendar
- from the scroll down menu, select the Google Calendar  where you want to send your Bookeo bookings.
2. In the Group Workshops section:
- tick the checkbox Sync empty workshops  if you wan to sync classes/tours/workshops without bookings
- from the scroll down menu , select if you want to Sync only main details or if you want to Sync full details of each booking. Please note that booking options are included in the Google Calendar sync, but not customers custom fields.
1. In the Bookeo->Google Calendar section, from the scroll down menu, select Google calendar(s)  that you want to synchronize with your Bookeo Calendar(s) 
2. In the Gap section , from the scroll down menu, select:
- do not leave a gap, if you do not want to leave a gap before and after events imported from Google Calendar and your Bookeo appointments
- the duration of the gap that you want to leave before and after events imported from Google Calendar and your Bookeo appointments
Read access is required to see bookings in the Bookeo calendar.
The first time you ask Bookeo to create a new calendar in your account, you will need to click on the Refresh link at the top right of Google Calendar to see it listed.
Your Bookeo calendar will show under My Calendars in your Google Calendar.
- Bookeo will automatically import events from Google Calendar. These events will block your availability for bookings.
- Bookeo will automatically update your Google Calendar with your Bookeo bookings as they are created, changed or cancelled. Since Google Calendar does not show real-time updates like Gmail, it may take a while to refresh by itself: if you have your Google Calendar window open and you don't see the new events that were sent by Bookeo, manually refresh your Google Calendar window by clicking the Refresh link again.
If you change Bookeo bookings from Google Calendar, changes will NOT be reflected back to Bookeo.
You should always change your Bookeo bookings in Bookeo, because Bookeo checks for schedule conflicts, while Google Calendar doesn't.
Only events where you are shown as busy in Google Calendar will be imported. Other events (such as birthdays) will not be considered.
To check if an event will be imported from your Google Calendar:
1. Click on the event
2. Click on the Edit event details link
3. In the Show me as section, check that the Busy option is selected
You should ALWAYS change your Google Calendar events in Google Calendar. Bookeo will not allow you to change the events you created in Google Calendar in Bookeo, because you could have received an invitation from colleagues or friends.
Bookeo automatically reads changes from Google Calendar every 15 minutes.
To manually force a sync from Google Calendar to your Bookeo schedule, simply click on the Sync button at the bottom right in your Bookeo calendar.
Remember: this is optional! If you never click the button, events will be read from Google Calendar every 15 minutes
The time zone for your Bookeo account can be set in Settings>Regional settings.
To set the time zone for your Google Calendar (each calendar can have its own time zone):
1. Move the mouse next to the calendar's name
2. Click on the arrow to open the menu
3. Click on Calendar settings.
Make sure that the time zone you set in Bookeo is the same time zone used in your Google Calendar - otherwise you will see appointments at incorrect times!