Dropdown list additional option: customers pick one of the available choices - Bookeo Appointments
A dropdown list additional option lets your customers select one choice from a scroll down menu.
Using Bookeo Classes & Courses? Click here
Using Bookeo Tours & Actvities? Click here
Set up a dropdown list additional option
1. To create dropdown list additional options for your services, in your Bookeo Appointments account:
- For services: Go to Settings>Services offered and additional options and go to the Additional options tab
- For workshops: Go to Settings>Workshops and go to the Options tab
2. Click on the + New option button
3. From the Type  scroll down menu, select the customer picks one of the available choices.
4. In the Title  field, input the name of the option and its Description  (optional).
5. Check the With duration  box if you would like the choices created in the Choices section to have durations.
6. Select if you want to set a Default choice , that you will set in the Choices section
7. Check the Permissions  you desire
- This option is enabled for new bookings Untick this checkbox if you no longer want to offer this option, without affectng existing bookings. Click here for more information
- Customers can see this option The option is shown to customers (in the booking confirmation and reminder emails, and also at checkout if the "Customers can edit this option" checkbox is ticked)
- Customers can edit this option The option is shown to customers at checkout so they can make a selection
Create choices for this option
1. In the Choices section, click on the New choice button. A pop up window will open.
2. In the General tab:
- Input the Name  and Description  of the choice.
- Select the Duration  (if the choice has a duration)
- If you want, you can select a Color for the calendar , to identify bookings with this selected choice
- Check the box next to Permission  if you want to customers to be able to select the choice
3. In the Price tab:
- Input the price of this choice (total or per person). If your option does not have a price, leave as "0"
- You can enable member prices, if you want to set a different price for members
- You can set special prices for this option. Click here for more information
4. In the Availability tab, in the Schedule section, from the scroll down menu select
this choice has the same opening hours of the business if this option is available during the opening hours you set in Settings>Time Settings
this choice is only available during these hours if you want to set a specific weekly schedule for this option
5. In the Availability tab, in the Special available time slots section, you can define special time slots during which this option is available. This is useful, for example, to set the option as available on specific dates, or occasionally at night, in addition to its general availability.
You can also set a restricted availability (i.e. only in December) or when this option is NOT available
More information on how to create a new period for Special available time slots and Availability.
6. In the Therapists and resources tab, from the scroll down menu select
this choice is available with all resources if the option can be performed by ANY member of your staff, in ANY location (select this even if the option does NOT need to be performed by your staff)
this choice is only available with all the selected resources if this option provided by the selected resources (in the screenshot, the service is only provided by Kath and Rick, in Studio 1 Greenwich Village and Manhattan)
this choice is only available with all but the selected resources if this choice is provided by ALL BUT the selected resources (in the screenshot, the service is only provided by Kath, Rick and Simone in Studio 1 Greenwich Village)
7. Set for which services this option is available (option restriction)
In the Restriction section, set if this option is available with all your services, or only with selected services. Click here for more information.
If you set that you want to set a default choice, tick the default value next to the default choice.