How can I sell specific gift vouchers (can be used to book the specific service they were purchased for)?
Gift vouchers are an original and appreciated gift for most occasions. Gift vouchers bought online are also great as last minute gifts, when brick and mortar shops are closed.
In this article:
- How To Enable Specific Gift Vouchers
- Sell specific gift vouchers online and from your Bookeo Calendar
- Specific gift vouchers redemption online and from your Bookeo Calendar
To enable specific gift vouchers, that can be used to book only the service they were purchased for, for example a 60 minutes Swedish massage:
1. Go to Marketing>Gift Vouchers
2. In the Specific Gift Voucher section, tick the Enable Specific gift vouchers  checkbox
3. From the Validity term  scroll down menu, select the validity of the voucher: how long the gift voucher will be valid from the date of purchase (i.e. 6 months).
If you do not want to set an expiry date for your gift vouchers, select forever from the number drop down menu.
4. Tick the Enable even if there are no future dates checkbox  if you want to sell gift vouchers for events that you haven't scheduled in your account yet.
5. Tick the Refund checkbox  if you want customers to be able to use the voucher if they cancel their booking within a specific time before the start of the appointment and select the time from the scroll down menu.
The price of specific gift vouchers is the highest price you set up for your service in the Price tab of your service, including special prices.
How can customers purchase specific gift vouchers online?
Once gift vouchers are enabled in you Bookeo account, customers can buy them:
- from the customer area, or
- you can integrate the buttons/links provided in Marketing>Gift Vouchers on your website. Click here to see an example
- you can integrate the gift voucher widget in a specific page of your website
Sell specific gift vouchers from your Bookeo Calendar
1. Go to your Bookeo Calendar.
2. Click on the Gift voucher icon at the right bottom of your Bookeo Calendar. A pop up window will open.
3. Click on Specific gift voucher
4. In the What  section, select the service, and any additional option.
5. In the How section, from the Promotion  scroll down menu, select a promotion that you want to apply to the gift voucher sale.
Promotions can be applied to specific gift vouchers, unless:
6. Go to the Donor tab and input the donor's details.
7. Go to the Payments tab and input the payment.
Click here for information on how to record a manual payment, for example a cash payment.
Click here for information on how to charge a credit card in Bookeo.
8. Tick the Send email: donor checkbox if you want to send a copy of the gift voucher to the donor.
9. You can click on the Print button to print a copy of the gift voucher.
Specific gift vouchers can be redeemed by customers online, or from your Bookeo Calendar by you and the users of your account.
Please note that it is possible to redeem:
- Only one specific gift voucher at a time
- One specific gift voucher and one or more generic vouchers in the same booking. Simply separate the gift vouchers numbers with a comma.
Specific gift vouchers redemption online
Specific gift vouchers can be redeemed online visiting the link provided in the gift voucher certificate, that you can find in Marketing>Gift Vouchers.
Customers will have to input their voucher number , then proceed with the booking.
Specific gift vouchers redemption from your Bookeo calendar
If you redeem a specific voucher in Bookeo, you can use it to book the service the voucher was purchased for.
1. Go to Calendar or to the Home page
2. Click on a time slot to create a booking
3. In the How  section of the booking, click on the Add button and input the voucher number. Then click on the Ok button. Bookeo will automatically deduct the value of the voucher from the total price.
4. The gift voucher will show:
- in the How section of the booking, in the Gift voucher  field, and
- in the Price breakdown