Single code promotions (i.e. 5% off specific service in August) and your own "Deal of the day" promotion
Promotions enable you to attract new or existing customers. They are great for increasing business activity during slow periods. For example you can offer a $5 or 5% discounts on treatments in September.
In this article:
- Create a Single code promotion
- Select the services
- Discount types
- Deferred payment
- Additional taxes
- Promotion validity
- Gift vouchers
- Usage limit
- Share promotions
1. Go to Marketing>Promotions
2. Click on the New promotion button
3. In the General section, input the name  of the promotion and, if you want, its Description .
4. From the Promotion type  scroll down menu, select single code
5. Input the promotion code  (a short string of numbers and/or letters that your customers will have to use to get a discount).
1. Select the services/classes/tours for which the promotion will be valid, ticking the checkbox next to each service you provide.
2. In the Private bookings section, tick the checkbox this promotion can be used for private bookings if you want to enable the promotion for private bookings. This checkbox should be ticked if you want to apply the promotion to private bookings, and:
- In the Schedule tab, in the Private section, the class/tour/workshop is set as private
- You offer the class/tour/workshop as a group and private event - as set in the Price tab, in the Private event option section. Click here for more information
1. In the Discount section, set if you want to offer:
a) fixed discount
2. From the Discount  scroll down menu, select fixed from
3. In the Amount  field, input the discount
4. From the Type  scroll down menu, select if the discount has to be applied:
- to the total price of the booking. For example, you offer a $10 discount on the total price of the booking. If the total amount of the booking is $100, the customer will have to pay $90 (total $100- discount $10)
- per person. For example, you offer a $10 discount per person. If a customer makes a booking for 2 people and the total amount of the booking is $100, the customer will have to pay $80 (total $100- discount $20)
- per coupon. ( This option is for multiple code promotions only)
b) percent discount
5. From the Discount  scroll down menu, select percentage
6. From the Percentage  scroll down menu, select the per cent discount rate
If you offer additional options to upsell your booking, you have to set a Fixed discount. If you set the discount as 100%, the additional options will be offered with a 100% discount.
1. Tick the Allow deferred payment  checkbox if you want to let your customers decide if they want to pay at the time of booking or at the time of their visit.
In the Additional taxes section, you can:
- set a tax that will be charged when this promotion is used
- waive a fixed tax when this promotion is used
1. In the Additional Tax section, you can set up a fixed tax that will be charged per coupon.Please check your State’s tax policy on daily deals. Some US states will charge sales tax on the full amount of the purchase, as if there was no coupon. Others will not include the amount of the coupon in the taxable amount.
2. Click on the New button
3. From the Tax scroll down menu, select the tax
4. Set the fixed tax
If you set a fixed discount and want to waive a fixed tax or fee, set in Settings>Taxes, you should create a negative Additional Tax. For example, if you charge a $2 admin fee per booking, you should set a -2 Additional Tax for that fee
1. Click on the New button
3. From the Tax scroll down menu, select the tax
4. Set the fixed tax inputting a negative amount, for example -2
1. In the Validity  section, input the validity of the promotion. Select if the promotion is:
- the promotion is always valid, or
- if the time booked must be between specific period
- if the time when the booking is created must be within specific periods
If on May 10 a customer makes a booking for May 30:
Click here for information on how to create a validity period for your promotion.
2. In the Days and Times  section, you can restrict the days and times when the promotion is valid. Simply select "the start time of the booking must be within one of the following intervals.." and set when the promotion is valid. In our example, the promotion is valid if the time booked is within Monday to Fridays, 9am to 6pm.
1. In the Gift vouchers  section, set if this promotion code can be used to purchase specific gift vouchers and/or generic gift vouchers.
It is not possible to apply a promotion to gift vouchers if:
2. If the promotion is valid for generic gift vouchers, in the Voucher amounts section, you can select if the promotion id valid for all the gift voucher amounts or only for some of them.
1. In the Usage limit section, from the Usage limit per customer  scroll down menu, you can set how many times a promotion code can be used by a single customer.
2. From the Usage limit (across all customers)  scroll down menu, you can set how many times a promotion code can be used overall by all your customers.
You can copy the promotion link and share it with your customers, or you can click on the Facebook  and Twitter  button to post your promotion.
integrate Bookeo into your Facebook account.
1. Click on the Twitter button next to the promotion you want to post.
2. You will be required to confirm the message you want to post.
The message is then posted on Twitter
By clicking on the link, customer will be redirected to your booking page, where Bookeo will show discounted prices next to strikethrough standard prices.