Integration with Deal of the day websites (GroupOn, LivingSocial, Amazon..) and multiple coupon codes promotions
Bookeo integrates with daily deals site like Groupon and LivingSocial. You can define promotions linked to coupon codes purchased by customers, so that every coupon code is validated and the discount automatically applied to the booking.
Step 1 - Set up a Multiple coupon code promotion
1. Go to Marketing>Promotions
2. Click on the New promotion button.
3. Type the name  of the promotion and, if you want, its description  .
4. In the Promotion type section, from the scroll down menu, select multiple coupon codes (GroupOn, LivingSocial..) 
5. In the Coupon code section, click on the Choose file  button to upload a .csv or .xls file containing coupon codes that Groupon, LivingSocial etc. will provide.
Custom codes are not automatically created by Groupon unless requested: you should ask your GroupOn representative to provide the codes before your promotion starts so you can upload them into Bookeo.
6. From the Max. coupons per booking  scroll down menu, select how many coupons can be used in a single booking. For example you can set maximum 1 coupon per booking, or as many coupons as the number of participants.
7. Enable the Allow duplicates  checkbox if you want customers to make more than one booking with the same coupon number
If you want to allow duplicates, you will have to upload the same coupon file for all the number of bookings allowed with the same coupon. For example, if customers can make 3 bookings with the same coupon number, you will have to upload the same coupon file 3 times.
Complete settings for this promotion, click Save and you will be able to upload the same coupon file again.
8. Enable the Skip first row  checkbox if your file does not contain coupon codes in the first row.
9. If you are running a promotion with Rolling Expiry dates, tick the Expiration date  checkbox. If you tick this checkbox, Bookeo will take the expiration date of the coupon from the second column of the spreadsheet.
The coupon can only be used if the date booked is on or before the expiration date.
Excel cells must be formatted as text.
Step 2 - Set the promotion details
1. In the Services  section, select the services for which the promotion will be valid, ticking the checkbox next to each service you provide.
2. In the Discount section, set the amount of the fixed or percent discount.
3. In the Pay later section, tick the Allow deferred payment checkbox if you want your customers to be able to choose if they want to pay at the time of booking or at a later time.
4. In the Additional Tax section, you can set up a fixed tax that will be charged per coupon.
Please check your State’s tax policy on daily deals. Some US states will charge sales tax on the full amount of the purchase, as if there was no coupon. Others will not include the amount of the coupon in the taxable amount.
If you set a fixed discount and want to waive a fixed tax or fee, set in Settings>Taxes, you should create a negative Additional Tax. For example, if you charge a $2 admin fee per booking, you should set a -2 Additional Tax for that fee:
- Select the tax from the Tax scroll down menu
- Input a negative amount, for example -2
5. Input the validity of the promotion. Select if the promotion is:
always valid, or
if the booking or the time booked must be within specific dates.
6. To create the validity period, click on the New period button and:
a. Select the start and end dates to define the promotion period
b. Select the start and end time during these days or tick the "All day" checkbox
c. Select "do not repeat"
7. In the Days and Times section, you can restrict the days and times when the promotion is valid. Simply select "the start time of the booking must be within one of the following intervals.." and set when the promotion is valid. In our example, the promotion is valid if the time booked is within Monday to Fridays, 9am to 6pm.
8. In the Gift vouchers  section, you can select if the promotion can be used when customers purchase a specific gift voucher.
It is not possible to apply a promotion to gift vouchers if:
9. In the Refund policy  section, you can set if and when you want to refund coupon codes if customers cancel their bookings.
Manage existing coupon codes
Once the promotion is created, you will be able to manage, add or replace existing coupon codes.
1. Go to Marketing>Promotions
2. Click on the specific promotion.
3. In the Coupon codes section, click on the Manage  button to get a report of how the promotion has been used.
4. You will be able to see when the coupons were used, and for which booking or gift voucher, and their expiration date if it was set.
You can click on a coupon to change its expiry date.
You can click on the NEW button to manually add a new coupon.
You can also import new coupon codes. Click here for more information.