How can I accept online payments with Bookeo? (Payment processing and payment gateways)
In order to accept payments online, Bookeo integrates with many popular payment gateways, including Stripe, Square and PayPal.
A payment gateway is an e-commerce application service provider service that authorizes credit card payments. Some payment gateways may require you to obtain a merchant account from one of its acquirers (Banks).
Payment gateways work by providing the secure, integral link between a website and the bank. When credit card details are submitted on a website, the payment gateway receives these details and sends them to the bank for verification. The bank then replies with a response; usually either accepted or declined. The payment gateway then sends this response back to the web server when the appropriate message is displayed to the user - for example "Your payment has been successful".
In this article:
- Which payment gateways are integrated with Bookeo?
- Can I accept payments with credit card and PayPal?
- How much commission does Bookeo charge on payments?
- How much commission do payment gateways charge on payments?
- Can I test bookings and purchases - for example gift vouchers - if I integrate a payment gateway?
Click here to download a detailed list of all the payment gateways supported for EACH country, and the features they offer.
If you are using a payment gateway that is not included in the list, that payment gateway is not supported by Bookeo.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest the integration with your payment gateway.
If you want to accept payments with credit card and PayPal, you can:
Option 1 - Integrate two payment gateways in your account
- A payment gateway that allows you to accept credit cards on your booking page - without being redirected to a 3rd party website - for example, Stripe, Square or Authorize.net
- Offer customers the option to pay using PayPal, as an alternative. Click here for more information
Option 2 - Integrate Braintree by PayPal
With Braintree by PayPal, you can:
- accept payments with credit card and PayPal directly from your booking page
- charge, directly from your Bookeo calendar: a new or saved credit card and a saved PayPal account (if the customer paid online using that PayPal account).
Click here for more information about Braintree by PayPal.
Option 3 - Integrate PayPal Payments Standard
A PayPal Premier or Business account is required to accept credit card payments. Click here for more information.
Bookeo does NOT charge fees or commissions for the processing of online payments.
Each payment gateway will charge some fee to process payments for you.
If you need to set up an internet merchant account with your bank, the bank will likely charge some fees as well.
We suggest checking the various payment gateways supported by Bookeo to decide which one is best for your needs and budget.
The default payment gateway for each account is a demo payment gateway. The demo payment gateway allows you to fully test the system, including payments (without processing credit cards).
If you integrate a payment gateway in your account, you can still make test bookings and purchases. For example, to make a test booking without processing payments:
1. Go to Marketing>Booking button and links
2. Click on the Book Now button to start a test session.
3. You will be able to test a booking with a "test payment".