Integration with PayPal Payments Pro
Bookeo integrates with PayPal Payments Pro to process payments via credit card.
In this article:
- Step 1 - Create a new user account in your PayPal Payments Pro account
- Step 2 - Get your PayPal API User, Password and Signature
- Step 3 - Input your PayPal API User, Password and Signature in Bookeo
- Understanding failed payments
1. Log into your Bookeo account
2. Click on Settings>Online payments.
3. Select PayPal Payments Pro as the gateway
You will be asked to input
1. Open a new tab
2. Go to the PayPal website and log in.
3. Go to My Account>Profile
4. Click on Request API credentials
5. Under Option 1 - PayPal API, click on Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions
6. Under Option 2 - Request API credentials to create your own API username and password, click on View API Certificate.
7. Now, select Request API signature and click Agree and Submit.
1. Copy the PayPal API User, Password and Signature and paste them into your Bookeo account.
If a payment is rejected by PayPal, you can check the reason details in your PayPal Manager control panel:
- Login as the administrator user
- Click on Search transactions, and search the transaction by the customer's last name and date.
- Click on the transaction found, and you will be shown the full details of the transaction.
If you still have doubts about the reason for the transaction being rejected/declined, please contact your PayPal account manager, quoting the transaction ID shown on the page.