Information about Authorize.net
Authorize.Net Payment Gateway allows you to accept credit cards from your website. The Authorize.Net solutions are designed to save time and money for small- to medium-sized businesses.
If you are a UK resident, you can
Set up the integration with Authorize.net
Go to Settings.
Click on Online PaymentsSelect the "Payment Gateway" tab
then choose Authorize.net from the drop down list of payment gateways. Enter your Authorize.net API Login ID and your Authorize.net API transaction key.
To obtain your Authorize.net API Login ID:
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://secure.authorize.net
- Select "Settings" under "Account" in the main menu on the left
- Click "API Login ID and Transaction Key" in the "Security Settings" section
- If you have not already obtained an API Login ID and Transaction Key for your account, you will need to enter the secret answer to the secret question you configured at account activation.
- Click "Submit".
Customer Information Manager
The Customer Information Manager (CIM) allows you to store customers' sensitive payment information on Authorize.net’s secure servers, simplifying your compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) as well as the payments process for returning customers and recurring transactions. It enables you to provide returning customers with the convenience of not having to re-enter their personal data every time they visit your Web site.
You need to enable the feature in your Authorize.net account, and then mark it as enabled in Bookeo. When this is done, Bookeo will collect card details for you.
For more information about CIM, please visit http://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/cim/.
How to turn off the Test ModeBy default new Authorize.net account are in "test mode", i.e. they let you test transactions without processing real payments.
If you want to start processing payments, you need to turn test mode OFF in your Authorize.net account.
In your Authorize.net account:
- click on the Account link at the top
- click on "Test mode"
- click on the button to turn test mode OFF.
Make sure to check your AVS settings to avoid missing legitimate paymentsAVS (Address Verification Service) is a feature of Authorize.net that matches the billing address of the credit card with the address provided by the customer, and can reject the payment if the two don't match. It's up to you to decide what to reject and what to accept in these cases, but it is important to understand this feature in order to not miss legitimate payments.
To review your AVS settings:
- open your Authorize.net account
- click on Account/Address Verification Service
- Contact Authorize.net's support if you need more details.