Promotions enable you to attract new or existing customers. They are great for increasing business activity during slow periods. For example you can offer a $5 or 5% discounts on treatments in September.
Step 1 - Set up a Single code promotion
1. Go to MARKETING
2. Click on
3. Click on the New promotion button
4. Type the name of the promotion and, if you want, its description.
5. Select single code promotion type and input a code (a short name that your customers will have to input in your website to get a discount).
6. Select the service(s) for which the promotion will be valid, ticking the checkbox next to each service you provide.
Step 2 - Set up the discount type (percent or fixed)
You can either set a percent or a fixed discount:
- percent: select percentage and set the desired percent rate, or
- fixed: select fixed and input the amount. Then select if the discount has to be applied to the total price of the booking or per person (if you allow multiple people in a booking).
Step 3 - Deferred payment
Allow deferred payment if you want your customers to be able to choose if they want to pay at the time of booking or at the time of their visit.
Step 4 - Set when the promotion is valid
Input the validity of the promotion. Select if the promotion is always valid, or if the booking or the time booked must be within specific dates.
To create the validity period, click on the button and:
a. Select the start and end dates to define the promotion period
b. Select the start and end time during these days or tick the "All day" checkbox
c. Select if the promotion has to be repeated and specify the time interval.
d. Select the date when the promotion doesn't have to be repeated any more .
Step 5 - You can create your own "Deal of the Day"
You can also set usage limits for your promotion. This feature is used to create your own "Deal of the day" promotion, without having to pay hefty commissions to Deals of the day websites. You can offer your customer base special discounts that are only valid for a limited time and a limited number of coupons. If a “slow day” appears on the calendar, you can offer a discount to the first few customers that book an appointment for that day, and the problem is solved.
Select "set limit" and input how many times the promotion can be used by customers (i.e. input "100" if the promotion is valid for the first 100 customers that use it).
- Click on the link for more information on how to post your promotion on Facebook and Twitter, or on how to send it via email through a marketing campaign.
- Click here for information on how your customers can book online and how you can create a booking in Bookeo using a promotion code.